Thursday, October 22, 2009

Busy times but better then quiet times I suppose

Sorry for the lack of post right now folks but as I said posts will be a bit sparse until the end of the month. Which I've just realised is only a week tomorrow. A time that seemed oh so far away a few weeks ago but has gotten here awfully quickly all the same.

I've had an extremely busy week as I've been doing a awful lot of running backwards and forwards. On the plus side things are starting to go very well which is good as I had a major downer at the start of the week as things started to pile on top of me. But fortunatly this was one of these weeks where everything turned right around by the end of the week.

It's funny what you can learn at institute sometimes. Not from the lesson material mind you but just in general. The Loughborough chapel actually has a table tennis table which is so old it has wooden fold up legs, a number of canoes underneath the chapel ( maybe their for those people who want to have a really, really well prepared emergency kit), all of the tools needed to play pool, cues, chalk, pool balls etc apart from one rather important piece of kit. A table and lastly apparently we also have a ghost. All four things news to me in the nearly (gonna say this real quiet) 2 decades I've been going to the Loughborough chapel.

I was also impressed to see how the husband of one of the married couples managed to survive the lesson despite managing and this will take far too long to explain how he managed this, comparing his wife with a couple of dictators such as Hitler.

I also managed to finally go out hometeaching this evening with our brand new hometeaching list. It is now actually possible for us to do more then 25% hometeaching. However it didn't get off to the best of starts when we arrived at the first family to be greeted with " What are you doing here? Your supposed to be coming on Thursday!" " It is Thursday." was our slightly hesitant reply as I did wonder if I had fallen through a crack in the fabric of space time. However it was more a case that the person who greeted us had, had a even busier week then me.

anyway,

Later folks

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So... Grumblings of a geek is dead it seems...

Saxon said...

no it's not. As I said before and even in this post 'anonymous' postings will be sparse until the end of this month for reasons I'm not getting into right now.

the normal schedule of posting should resume from Saturday all being well.