Tuesday, October 27, 2009

On a whole different level

It's hard teaching lessons at church sometimes. You can have classes with a wide range of ages and experience in the church. I've only taught a couple of lessons in recent years and it always scared me.

So I did feel sorry for the chap who gave our Elders quorum lesson on Sunday who said something which must have sounded so good when preparing the lesson at home. He was reading statements to give a clue to the lesson, basically a fill in the blanks exercise. The second statement he read was ( slightly paraphrasing here as I can't remember the exact words)

" What activity brings the most enjoyment and fulfilment to a married couple"

There was complete silence in the hall as the same thought probably struck most of the guys at the same time. The silence dragged on as I attempted to stop myself from sniggering. Finally one of the guys put up their hand and asked the teacher if this was a PG Lesson. As in the film certification not the teabags. The teacher looked baffled at this question until another Elder put up their hand and told the teacher that it was okay that he hadn't got the joke initially either as he must have been on the same spiritual level as the teacher.

The teacher still looked baffled.

At which point physics decided to interject with his suggestion.
" Building eternal families"

Which the teacher added to the board and I kept trying to supress the fit of giggles which I felt building as I didn't know if the teacher had yet got what had amused everbody.

We also have another new YSA turn up at church this Sunday. She's just started studying at Loughborough University. She also caused some surprise at what she's studying " Construction engineering management" as we've never had anyone studying that before.

It's been busy the past few days and will only get busier as the end of the week approaches. I have had a successful week as well not as successful as it could have been or I was hoping for but beggers can't be chooser and I will gladly accept any sort of success right now.

Now that probably doesn't make any sense to most of you but it will do by the end of this week as I am planning to try and go back to my ' usual schedule' of posting come this Saturday and yes I will probably explain what has been going on. I'm sure some of you will be baffled at the cloak and dagger and might well say " Is that all?" but it made sense to me and at least made me feel I was keeping the moral high ground even if it doesn't make a blind bit of difference i nthe end.

anyway,

Later folks.

No comments: