Wednesday, October 24, 2007

If a joke wasn't funny the first time it's sure as heck not funny on the 80th time!

Well Grumpy went in for a operation yesterday on his eye. Fortunately it was a (relatively) quick operation so he came home the same day. However he had to wear a eye shield and will have to use it at night for the next four weeks or so. So queue lots of jokes about how " You should have seen the other guy" not that funny at first it;s getting progressively worse as he keep using the same joke, over and over and over again.......

Well it's institute again tonight. The Eternal marriage course is interesting (when it's not being depressing :-) but, well it's kind of hard to explain really. There's a very serious sombre mood to the class. I don't know if this is down to the content or that the people who had the most , well for want of a better term, forthright opinions aren't in the class (MA and bosslady) anymore or don't come (social) so the lessons tend to stay on track.

My computers currently at PC world repair at the moment. I went to turn it on on Saturday and well it didn't. Turn on that is. When I dropped it off the guy had a quick look and thinks it's one of two things. Either it's the graphics card which they can't fix as they no longer sell that kind of graphics card or can order them in. Or it's the motherboard which in his words wouldn't be worth repairing. The darn things barely a year and half old. This would happen after the flipping warranty ran out wouldn't it? As you may guess I am hoping for it to be the graphics card as I should just be able to scrape enough money together to get that repaired. if it's the other one well there's no chance of me getting enough money together to get a new computer for quite sometime.If that happens c'est la vie I guess. Doesn't stop it sucking anyless.

YSA were very thin on the ground on Sunday. too thin as it turns out as we were supposed to be having a fireside that evening at the bishops but so few people were going it was called off. Ooops.

oh well,

Later!

3 comments:

Insight said...

What a lot of computer hassle.

Do what I do. Build your own. Heck, I still use the case from the old P2 333Mhz Fraggle sold me 6 years ago. I have swapped out the Motherboard and Processor since, along with adding more memory a better graphics card and more HDD's. The only thing that ever went actually *wrong* was the Power Supply Unit, so I bought a new one from A2Z and had no bother since.

Build it yourself, that's what I say.

Insight said...

IS ANYBODY THERE?

On eminute you are moaning no one leaves any comments, next you are gone yourself.

Pah, ;-)

Why do I bother.

Saxon said...

sorry sir, back to regular service sir :-)