Wednesday, October 10, 2007

and we're back on the air. again

well just when you thought it was safe to go back on the internet, I've reappeared. Yes I know it's been a rather long while since I posted. To be honest with a lack of comments it was starting to feel like I was simply doing a high tech form of talking to myself. But hey at the end of the day I realised this is still fun to-do even if most people don't leave comments. and yes I'm looking at YOU!

Well it's institute tonight. The eternal marriage course lesson will be fun. It's dating standards tonight, so yet another occasion to list all of the things I think I do, match up against what girls say they like, find out they all match, then spend the rest of the evening wondering why I'm single. Mind you what hasn't helped is B McR ( smooths sister) getting engaged. She's only just come into YSA. Hmm I hope that doesn't make Nemesis depressed. Anyway the lessons have been quite quiet and serious. I expect thats due to social not coming anymore. Still not sure whats going on there.

Anyhow, Loughborough YSA managed to bag four that's right a might FOUR new students. Well to be honest it's technically only three as the fourth is a investigator who coming to uni here, but lets ignore that technicality shall we :-) It's two guys and two girls. Even if I have only met one of the guys and girls. The other girl seems to be of a elusive. Turning up after I'm gone or busy doing something at uni. Mind you I only have Engineseers and Cordelias word for it that there is a 2nd girl. Hmm maybe their winding me up or this is all part of some evil plan to drive me crazy. Sorry crazier.

One of the guys who has come to uni who shall henceforth be known as physics is actually the brother of a girl I met on LDS linkup called Samurai princess. Of course I had to double check I had the right guy with her first. I didn't want to walk up to him and ask if he was the brother of the Samurai Princess. If I had the wrong guy he might have thought I was crazy and we wouldn't have wanted him getting the right impression now would we :-)

My addiction to facebook has been helped by the computers in the canteen at work having facebook blocked. The web marshal now registers it as a 'obscene website'. I have no idea why, or to be honest maybe I do but lets not get into that now shall we.

We had a YSA FHE last week. I accidentally made Cordelia really happy for a moment, when she thought I meant Fraggle was moving back to Loughborough and was really depressed when I explained he wasn't. Mind you I don't know if the ward could handle that much geekyness at one time.

Travellers now up in cambridge, her brother JW is now married and living in Leicester and GW is about to go off on his mission. Bosslady is now married. Wow she's not coming back to the UK no one saw that coming ( the sarcasism filters they cannae take no more).

We saw Banana briefly on Sunday at general conference, which was really nice as we don't see that much of her anymore and it's not the same.. I got a lift with engineseer to the conference although I'm not sure how much he remembered of any conversations as he had been up until 3am at work with what sounded like the shift from hell. ( the life of a student I remember that well). The priesthood session was very good. One of the speakers was talking about how he had gone to a event that lots of other religions went to and the other leaders jokeingly called the show " Sheep stealing", everyone laughed and in the brief moment of silent before he started talking again we heard J Photoshops lad suddenely say loudly " I don't get it".which was quite sweet.

The Kid next door is getting worse. I think they'll be calling Supernanny any second. We had a local byelection recently which Labour won by 143 votes. Considering we're in a town of 12,000+ people thats not a especially large majority now is it :-)

anyway thats all for now, I've tried to name check so many people at least one will leave a comment.

won't they

later!

4 comments:

Enginseer said...

ah the classic institute lesson.
was a good lesson
FHE was also good
and the shift saturday night was a sift from hell. more about it on my blog soon!!!

Anonymous said...

Awww, I feel bad now for not moving back even though that was never on the cards!!

Give Cordelia a hug from me, will ya?

Saxon said...

will do Fraggle

Insight said...

Only 143 votes?! Hardly a mandate that.

Regarding the marriage issue. Chill, I enjoyed singletonia until I was 27. I admit it was a little longer than expected but there really is no point leaving unless you find the right girl.

Here's a thought, if you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you have always got... and pray about it too.