Monday, October 15, 2007

Invasion of the Car Parking space snatchers

Well I got a bit of a surprise when arriving at church yesterday. There were cars in the car park, ( no that wasn't the surprise that there were cars in the car park) a lot of cars. I had to go to the far end of the Car park and even then I managed to get one of the last spaces in the overflow section. Of course then the inevitable happened. People drove in and parked at the end of the overflow section blocking me in, and then they started to back up in the car park, parking 'down the middle' of the car park blocking everyone else in. I already had a feeling that there would be some frayed tempers come 'hometime' as people tried to find other people to shift their cars.

Engineseer and I entered the chapel ( he had arrived moments after me and got the last 'proper' space in the carpark) to find there was no space anywhere. We ended up at the back of the lounge section. Who was responsible for this mass invasion of people? Why it was down to cordelia! Well not all Cordelia, rather her extended family as her nephew was getting blessed so the whole family had come to visit. Also Bro M Mcr was released as 1st counsellor in the Bishopric. D K was moved up to 1st from 2nd and the new 2nd is a American guy who moved into the ward fairly recently. It was also fast Sunday as well which is very odd considering we're halfway through the month. But then again we did have general conference last week and yesterday was only the second Sunday in the month.

I didn't get to meet the third new YSA as she wasn't there again. She's like maris in Fraiser. She's always talked about but you never see her. Well maybe it happens when students come in threes. It happened at uni for me. There were two of us who went to the local ward and a third who always went home so you never saw her. In fact I don't think she ever met anybody from the ward at uni ever. So maybe it's always the third student that you never see? Perhaps? Hmm what happens if you ever get to 6?

Well most people were able to get out of the carpark pretty well at the end of church. Apart from Social who managed to get herself stuck good at proper. After watching her I went in search of Engineseer to help her out. Her took one look at the situation and was able to guide her out in under a minute. I'll refrain from making jokes .

I went on LDS linkup the other day and had a look at the new additions to the site. One guys headline was as follow

" If you were gas in my butt I would never fart for fear of loosing you for ever"

Words really, really fail me. If that ever works for that guy as a chat up line I will probably go insane on the spot and then spend the rest of time sitting in the corner gibbering away to myself trying to figure out how a muppet like that can get a girl and not me.

There's a new programme on ITV 3 at the moment which is causing a bit of hoo har. It stares Billie piper who used to be in Doctor who. Several people have complained saying ot contains lots of graphic scenes. The name of the program? "The Secret diary of a call girl". I think anybody should be able to guess from that title that it's going to contain graphic scenes. anyone who doesn't is probably too young to be watching anyway. ( not that, that ever stops anyone)

anyway,

Later!

No comments: