Wednesday, October 17, 2007

I would say he's getting old but then again he's always been like this

Well after a hard day at work and a nightmare of a journey trying to get home. Seriously it took me a hour and half to get home from work last night. It's flaming stupid. I can get into the stake centre in Leicester directly from work quicker then it takes me to get home some nights. I decided I was going to take it easy. Admit ally sometimes I can be so laid back when taking it easy I'm walking horizontal, but I was in a real couldn't be bothered to do much kinda mood.

Of course that was my first mistake, planning to have a easy evening. I should have seen what was coming a mile off.

I enter the house to immediately trip over the exercise bike that grumpy has in the kitchen. In my efforts to avoid falling face first onto the kitchen floor I managed to smash my other foot into the sharp corner of the back door right on the top of my foot in the most painful place possible. Cue lots of language that properly would have earned me a few nasty looks from other YSA as I proceeded to hop around the kitchen.

After finally managing to make it through the kitchen I discovered that grumpy in a effort to be helpful had got some washing in from the tumble dryer. Unfortunately he had proceeded to dump it on a big pile of his washing which meant all of our socks had become mixed up.

So after dinner where I reminded of the fact that own brand chicken pieces might be cheaper but they also taste awful I had to spend ages sorting socks out. Yeah I'm in at night sorting socks. My social life rocks doesn't it? ( that's rhetorical by the way)

Grumpy then proceeds to start moaning about the dining room and wanted me to do some cleaning up right then and there. So while I was doing that he started his usual grumbles about me having so many books. I pointed out that I could do with a new bookcase. He claimed that there wasn't enough room for one with all the books on the floor, I replied that if I had another bookcase there wouldn't be any books on the floor. He responded that if I didn't have so many books I wouldn't need another bookcase. Which to be honest was a bit hard to argue with. I'm still trying to think of a good come back. Any suggestions? (this isn't rhetorical by the way)

While I was finishing the tidy up, He wandered back into the room and the conversation went roughly along those line;
Him: " Where did you right those details down for the tree surgeons?"
me: " When their coming? It's next Tuesday"
him: " No the name"
me: "the name?"
him: " Yes I need to know who called back so I can let them know I wouldn't be
here"
me" Who called back? Did you call multiple tree surgeons? I didn't write it down as I didn't
think you would be silly enough to call multiple ones at the same time "
him:" I Did not call multiple tree surgeons, as if I would do anything that
stupid"
me" Oh, sorry"
him: " I only called one....... I've just forgot which one"

I would say it's old age messing with his memory but it's always been like this.

Finally after finishing the dining room, it was time to do the washing up. Argghhhhh...... By the time I got that finished I realised it would probably be a bad idea to go up and read on my bed as I would probably fall straight to sleep. So I decided to jump on the internet instead.

After visiting facebook I was pleasantly surprised to find a message from someone I knew at college and I haven't seen in nearly ten years. She had sent me her msn name so I added her to my list and she was online so we started chatting, about life, what we had been up to etc. She had been having problems with her latest relationship. and said that I didn't want to hear about it. I told her it was fine and she could talk about it if she wanted and would could compare our equal screwed up or lack of love life's. She laughed and said I didn't need to joke with her to make her feel better. I asked her what she meant and she said that she remembered that I had been a good guy at school and said she was sure that they were queuing up" to date me. I explained that chance would be a fine thing at the moment and she seemed so surprised that she then asked my favourite question in the whole, whole wide world
" Why are you still single?"
My initial response? Don't you start. at which point she realised that she had had probably hit a nerve and that we should move the conversation on. Which we did. I think I'll refer to her as T.E.C in future. ( if any of you tell me where that codename comes from I'll be very impressed, and it not a bad codename either).

I saw the new Britney spears video last night. It's really quite sad. She's very pretty anyway, dressing up as a pole dancer is really, really not a good look for her.

Jericho has started being shown on ITV4. It's really good, (so far at least). Talking of TV apparently there is a Mormon character in the new series of House. Although I've not heard good things about one scene he appears in. I'll come back to that another time.

Well it's institiute tonight. Hopefully this lesson won't be as depressing as last weeks one. We can but hope.

So say we all.

later!

No comments: