Thursday, May 24, 2007

Know how he feels

I had a problem yesterday. To a student or kid not that big a problem but to a member of the '9 to 5' workforce a bit of a biggy. I slept through my alarm. Which would have been a problem but I was saved by the kid next door. This is because this kid is a little so and so and really really does not like going to school or getting up in the morning. So he throws tantrums and screams. Actually no scratch that, using the term scream is a understatement. This kid has a full on sonic attack. Which fortunately is loud enough if not to wake the dead, was able to wake me in this instance, ten minutes after I got up, so it wasn't that bad.

Ironically enough he was a quiet as a mouse this morning, not that I would have needed that noise due to the fact that as I was aware I had slept through my alarm yesterday I woke up early before it went off. In fact I woke up very early, by nearly a hour, and then I couldn't get back to sleep for more then five minutes at a time. so in the end I gave up and got up nearly half a hour before I really had to.

Of course even more ironically there was the mother of all traffic jams this morning, so I was five minutes late to work. Isn't that just great. I wake up a hour early and even leave the house ten minutes early but I get to work five minutes late. How the heck did that happen???

We had some technical problems at institute last night. Bro H's computer crashed right at the start of the lesson which meant we weren't able to view any of the slides he had prepared. So the lesson ended up, ending nearly 20 minutes early! That was even with a lengthy question and answer session as well!

The YSA Conference sounds like it might be in trouble. Apparently the number of people who have signed up so far is very very low. Not much surprise there for some people :-)

later!

No comments: