Friday, February 23, 2007

Friday!

It's Friday. Yahhh!!! And only one more week till pay day. Yaahhhh!!! I don't know why but it's felt like a looonnnggg week. Still party at Engineseers tonight. It won't be a toast party like last time at his old house. This time it will be a pancake party!! Which for any non regular visitors that's not a code word for anything dodgy. It just quite literally means it's a party where the only food will be pancakes. Slightly crazy sounding I know, but what else do you expect from YSA.

LDS linkup update. I'm all the way up to 26 friends. Woohoo!! And seven comments, double Woohoo!! And the first from a person who says they know me very well triple Woohooo!!! It was from Charpar and it was a very nice and quite touching comment really. I keep trying to thank her but keep missing the chance to talk to her. But I'll keep trying because as every member of my family says, I'm very trying ( wait a second)

Relationship wise. Things are still going very well between me and Coolcat. I took her out for Valentines day and before anybody asked yes I paid for everything! It was a extremely nice evening and for the first time every I actually had someone to spend it with rather then staying at home and feeling sorry for myself whilst getting annoyed with all the lovely dovey couples everywhere. The YSA did had a valentines dinner before institute on the same night which apparently went well. Although GW did suggest that I should have taken coolcat to that dinner. To which my response was " You want me to bring her to the stake centre on the most romantic night of the year, to a meal that's free" His response was " Yeah, it will be fun." My response to his response " Well I think the coolcat would answer that suggestion in two words, the second ending in ed!"She's coming to Loughborough on Sunday then back to ours for dinner. Bosslady seems quite keen to talk to her. Probably after gossip I bet. Sorry, sorry, I always forget, girls in YSA don't gossip. They simply pass information to one another which they might find useful or interesting.

It's remarkable where your thoughts will sometimes wonder, especially when your at work waiting for the phone to ring which would bring a nice change from the usual monotony of answering e-mail's, and your dangerously close to OD'ing on Sugar in a effort to stay awake ( I'm having one of those days can't you tell).

Somebody from Grumpy's work who I met briefly the other day when dropping something off to him made the comment " that I seemed intelligent" to which in his usual style Grumpy replied that " Just goes to show how easily you can fool people', which isn't as mean as it sounded, and it was said in jest. But it got me thinking ( see doing a lot of thinking this week, must be somekinda record). Am I intelligent or not?

Well I know the one thing that people can judge me on is my job, I even had one of the young men make a comment the other week. Although at the time I had popped into McDonalds for lunch on one of my days off. He noticed me and came across and started to speak ( in a bit of a condescending tone not enough though for me to complain). He asked are you still the ********* king then? Still answering phones and emails are we? Isn't that a bit of a basic job. At which point I did almost turn round and respond " Says the guy currently cleaning tables" but I resisted. I simply looked back and my newspaper and ignored him. Still it took him nearly three minutes to get the hint! Can some people see my job as easy. Yes! Am I over qualified for this job. Yes! Is my job actually easy? Heck no! Do I like my job. Yes! Does my job allow me to talk about my hobby all day, get a discount on models I would have bought anyway, answer questions on books and get books I would have bought anyway in advance of them actually being released in the shops and for get them for free. yes, Yes YES!! So bear that in mind the next time you think your jobs better. He, he, he, he, he.

Sorry where was I?
Oh well maybe I'll remember later.

till next time!

No comments: