Tuesday, April 03, 2007

I wanna start this week over. Is it really too much to ask?

You know when you wake up sometimes and no matter how bright the sunshine, no matter how many birds are singing or how warm it is outside of your bed, you have that little voice in the back of your head saying, no way! Lets stay in here. Well sometimes I really wish I would listen to that voice. But apparently there's this pesky rule that companies will only pay you if you actually turn up for work. Curse these rules, curse them!

The week hasn't been helped so far by having one annoying song stuck in my head. You know the kind I mean, you hear it on the radio and it rattles around your head all day. Then to make matters worse it was replaced by an even more song and one that is more then a little scary. Yes, Natasha beddingdfield is back with a new song and if Nemesis though Lilly Allen was annoying she hasn't heard anything yet.
The opening line of the song goes
" What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas, but what if it don't"

Unless your staring as a victim in CSI then your definitely staying in Vegas. Forever, mwah, ha, ha, ha.
Sorry where was I?

Now not so bad right? But then I heard the chorus

" I wanna have your babies"

Which is all very nice of her, but we've not even met. And what is she wasn't talking to me but to some other guy that would be embarrassing and.... Wait a second! Hang on while I run that past myself again.

" I wanna have your babies"

Well not to sound like a old fogey but is this really the state we've gotten to now, where we actually have a pop song with the chorus line

" I wanna have your babies"

(best comic book guy voice) "Did I fall through a crack in the space time continuum into bizarreo world". I thought Lilly Allen with the video to her song 'Alfie 'where she spends the majority of it singing to a puppet which looks like the ugly cousin of the chucky doll was bad enough! But this, It crosses a line of naffness/stupidity . Especially in fact, that it has the most ridiculously cheery and catchy chorus which you just can not forget and it's hideously easy to hum. Which would be bad enough for a girl to be humming but if a guy is humming. Sorry to sound like someone from the OC " don't even go there'.

The songs not helped by her sounding like she's turned into a stalker near the end where she just starts going " Babies, babies, babies, babies" over and over. She sounds like one of those scary women out of a horror novel, just before you say something to upset you and she runs you over or cuts your foot off!

That reminds me (flashback moment) of when I was doing my GCSE's when a French exchange group had come across from France ( really, go figure) and several girls were in the foyer singing 'Lady Marmalade', which made them very popular to the French guys especially when they started singing it to them. When asked they said they had no idea what it meant but it was the only French they knew which is why they were singing it to them. Suffice to say once the French teacher explained what it meant. They shut up really quickly. He, he, he, (end flashback)

Actually come to think of it all of the ridiculously catchy songs at the moment are all a bit female biased. In the sense that although most guys can remember the tunes they desperately hope they don't forget themselves and start humming them. Songs in question, " Candyman" " I wanna have your babies" and " I don't like your girlfriend". Sigh, where's a good rock song when you need one?

We're still waiting the new broadband to be installed as Grumpy has bought himself a new computer. But he decided that he wanted his old computer hooked back up so he could check his email. Bad, bad idea. He Has two email addresses and gets huge amounts of spam for both of them. So after several days of not downloading email, I'm sure you can guess the end result. 4000 emails!!!!!! It took two hours to download them all. Fortunately he decided not to try and tackle them last night. He decided to leave that job till today. If he has more then 10 emails that are not Spam I will be incredibly surprised!

Oh well,
Later peeps!

No comments: