Wednesday, April 04, 2007

The fight of the century!

Good Evening ladies and gentleman! Welcome to the fight of the century, a very special three way fight. I the foreign corner we have Teppo a man who knows the answer to every question whether he answers them or not. In the Leicester YSA corner we have convert who will answer most questions whether you want her to or not and in the teacher corner we have Bro M. Everybody ready...........

As I'm sure you've probably guessed by now unless you left the blog due to sheer confusion over what in fact I was talking about ( I know it's happened) , there is no fight in the 'actual fight' sense but there well maybe a fight in the argument sense this evening. Yes it's the last night in the current institute course and Bro H is off somewhere so we have Bro M instead and apparently Teppo is in the country and will be coming. Yaaa!! Well regardless of what happens you know it's going to be good :-)

Talking of institute I know have a unique problem for when the summer course starts. My quick way into Leicester will be 'too quick'. By nearly a hour!!! Oh well I guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed for good weather so I can sit out on the grass and the front of the stake centre.

Speaking of the stake centre, it was general conference at the weekend and I have never, ever seen the stake centre so empty. To be honest they didn't even needed to have opened the curtains to the lounge, everybody could have fitted in the chapel with room to spare! Although we are going to try and be positive and believe that most people were at home listening to it through the internet like Mechanicus.

Mentioning the internet has reminded me. You know those 4000 emails that I mentioned Grumpy had to go through yesterday? Only one of them wasn't spam and he actually wanted it. That's right. ONE!! Well it's his own fault for choosing such a basic email address which is always near the top of spammers lists of addresses to try. Maybe he'll listen and change it! Then again maybe not!

Lots of the kids are off on Easter holidays at the moment. Which I love..But only because it means that I get a straight run to work each morning. I don't have to stop in any huge traffic jams. Yaaaaaa!!!! Mind you, what are the bettings that I know run into a huge traffic jam tomorrow? Any takers???? Hmmm, though not.

I was actually scrolling back from some of my old blog posts the other day and I realized it's been a year since I made my first post. Argggghhhhhh! Why has all the time gone! So lets see what's happening in the last year? Technik and Medik got married, I went to my first YSA national convention, I met coolcat, I turned 25 and moaned about my lack of money.. A lot :-)

It also made me think of who we've 'lost' from Leicester YSA. SG, the two rachels, Teppo, Goldilocks, and Nemesis have all gone. There's also Ben ( who's only on a mission gone.) and we're going to soon loose Alistair, Smooth, JF, GW and Pete as well. Argghhh!!!! Where's everyone going?

But it also made me realize that it been round about six months since Nemesis left. Now that's scary. It really doesn't seem like it was that long ago me and Engineseer were waving her goodbye from Leicester bus Station.

I've just discovered we get Friday and Monday off for Easter. Yaaa!!! Now can I get something constructive done with my long weekend? Considering my usual track record for getting constructive things done what do you guys think?

hmm I wonder if we'll end up decamping to Engineseers again tonight. That would make it the third week in a row and as they say, these things come in threes. Well if we do we can leave a group comment on Nemesis's blog again. Not that she seems to have noticed the other ones we've left. Maybe she didn't realize they really were 'group' comments and it wasn't just me being facious.....wait I have a idea.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

interesting lesson it was for the little bit i was there! it seems like the fight ended in a draw with both sides reaching a mutual understanding ....

Nemesis said...

I did realize they were group comments and I was excited to get them. Sorry I didn't respond, I'm trying to be better about that.

And I realized the other day that it's been 6 months. Could not believe it. I miss England!

Nemesis said...

Wait, who's the convert? Do I know her? Am I just being thick and not remembering people?

Saxon said...

no you don't know convert. She was baptised quite sometime after you had left