Monday, August 23, 2010

Who doesn't need a evil twin?

The company I currently work for is somewhat larger then my old company. Which means you will get a lot of people with the same name. For example there are lots of Alisons, Louises and James to name a few.

However I was somewhat surprised to find out recently that not only has another " saxon" joined the company. He also has my surname as well and to make matters even more interesting he even has the same intials as me because his middle name

Which as you can imagine has caused some confusion when people have been trying to email him when using the companies email address book.

I'll admit that it is a great way to learn new information about other parts of the company but it gets somewhat annoying when you have to tell the same person for the third day running that they've sent their email to the wrong person.

Maybe I should ask IT if they can set up a animated response for me with a sound file so I can send it back to the person and it plays in the best obi-wan voice possible
" This is not the saxon you are looking for. Move along!"

There's four days to convention/conference/what ever the official title is now and we're getting lots of last minute emals including one asking every attendee to bring a torch, a woodern spoon and a pair of sunglasses. But no explanation as to why?

I don't know if I should be intrigued or very worried.

Work was very good today, it was surprisingly easy to get back into the swing of things ( hope I'm not getting lulled into a false sense of security mind you :-)

anyway,

Later folks!

No comments: