Thursday, November 19, 2009

One of those days. Not one of those though, more one of those

I was thinking today,

Yes I know never a good sign or to quote a disney character " A Dangerous pass time I know"

The phrase one of those days is quite odd really. Because there's no real metre stick to define what a one of those days has to be like to be one of those days.

Not to mention everybody has their own definition of what one of those days means to them and because a day is one of those days to one person doesn't mean that it is one of those days to another.

Then of course there's the fact that each person's definition of what one of those days is can also change.

So can anybody know what one of those days truly is? and isn't the truth that every day is going to be "one of those days" to someone.

Confused yet? I know I am

But then again this is the kind of confusing place that my mind can wonder to sometimes as it did this evening whilst I was on the minibus back to the car park. I have had what can be described as one of those days according to my definition of the term.

Difficult customers I can handle easily enough, after seven years I've had a lot of practise at it. It's when I don't know what to doto resolve a situation is when I start to find things difficult as you want to help but you know you can't. Although I think this is something that will get easier with practise in my new role as I start to learn all the nuts and bolts of the new system.

It's dress down day at work tomorrow in support of children in need which means you have to donate in order to dress down which I don't mind as it is for charity after all. One of my colleagues was pleased to remember it was on as when we had the last dress down day he forgot. Although I did point out that it was better to dress up when it was dress down then dressing down when it was time to dress up!

Anyway,

Later folks.

No comments: