Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Time on my hands

Well I've found myself with a bit of extra time on my hands this evening as I sat down to send the reminder email out about announcements for this weeks bulletin. Because there is no bulletin this week as we have general conference. Fortunatly I remembered that fact just in time before sending the email and making myself look rather silly.

I'm going to have even more time on my hands tomorrow night as institute has now finished which basically means I get an extra night to mysef. Not that I'm moaning of course, I've just got to think of something constructive to do as it's my new aim, to make sure when I do have spare time to try and spend it as constructivly as possible.

Whether or not I'll actually manage to keep to that aim is another matter entirely.

For those of you who notice such things my blog roll has been updated. The Mcnugget diet blog has been removed because the blog was also removed as well. It seems that Smooth's aim of eating chicken Mcnuggets every day for two months lasted a grand total of six days. Whether or not this was by his choice or his wifes is a matter of which we'll probably never know.

In it's place I have added wattsablog? ( i wonder how long it took for here to think of that punn) written by none other then Traveller , sister of Sian of the Guild Family blog. Please, please, please..... if you have any time pop across to her blog and leave a comment as what's she's doing out there is fantastic. If you want to know more you can visit the Thai Austism Group website here a charity which Traveller, (oh heck what am I still calling her traveller for, her name is all over that website after all) or Sophie I should say launched in 2008.

Work was fun today, we were having a bit of a clear out, which can be interesting in the sense of some of the stuff you find and wondering just how many cupboards turn out to be 'mary poppins' cupboards. ( you just keep taking more and more stuff out but there always seems to be stuff left).

One of the ladies in our department announced she had got engaged ( yes girl works at our HQ in department other then reception shock). Now I say that in all seriousness as there is a slightly stereotypical view that most people who work for my company are men. In the first department I worked in, a girl did start manning the phones and most people even staff when they spoke to her usually said something along the lines of they were trying to get through to customer service not reception. Although she did say she used to enjoy the moment of silence at the other end of the phone as they realised they had got through to the right department

" Eek it's a girl. What do we do?"

I was in one of our shops once when a couple of girls walked in, all of the guys around the table when deathly silent and barely moved as the girls wandered around the shop then left. The guys who by this point were looking like they had just witnessed the landing of aliens still stood there frozen. The manager finally had to say " You can breath, it's okay, they've gone" .

Oh wait I'm digressing again, I'm sure I had a orginal point. Oh yes, it took me a while to pick up on this fact and I only noticed when I actually heard her say she was engaged to someone. I spent most of the morning being a walking, talking stereotype to the fact then Men just aren't able to pick up on the subtle clues sometimes. She had been talking about changing her surname, and I had just heard this conversation, shrugged and turned back to my screen thinking what a odd conversation.

Sometime it really does take the blindingly obivous to smack me in the face before I'll notice it.

I managed to get to the petrol station at just the right moment on the way home as when I came out after paying a huge long queue was going out of the station back onto the road. I think people had finally remembered about the fuel duty going up tomorrow.

So any UK readers if you haven't filled up yet you've got very little time left.

Anyway,

I'm off to do something constructive,

Later folks

No comments: