Monday, October 20, 2008

Well that would be Winter kicking in

I woke up this morning feeling somewhat confused as it was still Dark outside. A quick check of my alarm clock showed I had set it to the right time so that could only mean that we've reached that part of the year where I have to get up when it's still dark.

Oh joy ( he says in his best sarcastic tone).

Of course Grumpy took great delight in pointing out ( well yelling basically from his room) that he could stay in bed as long as he wanted as he's retired. At which point Owen decided to prove him wrong by taking a running jump into Grumpys room and landing almost smack centre on him.

He, he, he.. That will will teach him.

It was still dark enough when I set out for me to have to turn my lights, so the gloomy skies along with the heavy wind coupled with the fact it's a Monday didn't really give the most happy joyful start to the day.

Still things did get better when I got to work. There's something about getting into a nice Warm office with lots of light and nice thick windows which you can watch the wind and rain through.

It turned into one of those days where we seemed to have no end of weird conversations. Most of the people who bike into work seemed determined to swap stories about who had the hardest time getting into work with the rain and wind and how much it slowed them down. Although the guy who 'won' for the best problem story almost got hit by a very low flying flock of pigions. He admited he was glad that it wasn't a flock of Toucans ( old office joke don't ask) otherwise he would have been a goner and no I don't know what the odds are for a flock of toucans suddenly appearing in the centre of Nottingham. I did point out that if they had, had been toucans yes his day and his life would have ended in a rather sucky way but at least it would have provided an interesting change for the local version of csi.

We then got onto the photo which was taken on Friday and put up on Facebook by one of my colleagues and the main comment was about the lack of reaction from people, either regarding the glasses or the Monkey. In fact some people from the office next door had walked through with no comment on Friday in the slightist. Which possibily either means because it was Friday people were expecting odd things to happen, People think we're just that odd as a department or people just really don't take that much notice of us at all. Still when all's said and done I don't think theres many offices who have a much fun as we do.

Or have a Monkey with cymbals.

Later afternoon someone sent round a link to a site which if you put your name, birthdate, place of birth and time of birth(don't ask me why they need that last one) it will create your own astrology chart for you. Mind you not a full one, in order to get the full 30 page( how many?) report you would have to pay 35 dollars. So everyone pretty quickly wanted the link to get their own to see how accurate these things are.

Well I have to admit I don't go for these things but the description it came back with was surprisingly accurate in one part. Apparently my rising Sign which is 01 degrees scorpio ( again don't ask me what the heck that means) says

"You tend to be quiet, reserved, secretive and, at times, quite difficult to understand. Others notice your deep emotions and feelings and wonder how to draw you out. Stubborn and tough, you fight for any position you believe in. You are very resourceful and formidable when you become angered or upset about something. You enjoy living life at the cutting edge -- for you life must be experienced intensely and totally. Quite courageous, you are willing to take calculated risks. Easily hurt by others, you often strike back with bitter sarcasm. Sensitive and curious, you are concerned with the deeper mysteries of human psychology. Once you have become interested in any subject, you pursue it with total fanaticism. "

which probably describes me pretty well, asides from the living life at the cutting edge part.

However the rest of the horoscope proved to be fairly inaccurate ( gee a randomly generated astrology chart off the internet is inaccurate what are the odds) as it also described me as;
  • More than a bit of a showoff, you love to be the center of attention!
  • Very theatrical, you live life on a grand scale wherever and whenever possible.
  • You have hair-trigger reactions to specific stimuli
  • you are known for being impulsive, careless, reckless, foolhardy, rash and daring.
  • The most extreme ideals will be pursued with gusto

Five points that are not really part of my personality at all.

Another line which people found as funny as I did when I read it out was

"Try to avoid using your well-known seductive charm"

One of my Colleagues pointed out that maybe my seductive charm comes from being a Menace to society ( I explained this well known church cliche to them at one point and they all found it hysterically funny.)

My response was that if I really did have well-known seductive charm I probably wouldn't be a Menaceto society!

Still reading the horoscope did remind me of the first time I meant Kitty at university. She had the amazing talent to be able to look into someones eyes and give a complete 'measure' of the person for want of a better term. It really spooked me when she did that to me as nobody had been able to read me like that for a very long time. In fact I don't know if I've met anyone whose been able to read me like that since.

It starting raining very heavily mid afternoon which mean by hometime the roads were a absolute nightmare as there was lots of water on the roads, which meant lots of water mist and the like which is my 2nd most hated set of driving conditions. I was rather glad to get home I can tell you.

anyway, I'm not up to much this evening, which is sad I know but I feel like having one of those evenings where you just kick back and relax.

Later folks!

No comments: