Tuesday, November 20, 2007

predictably Unpredictable

The weather, that is. Lets see in the past few days we have had sun, wind, snow and now rain. Lots and lots of rain. I think we only need hail and lightening and we have the full set!

Well last Saturday was the same as usual. Go into town, look round the shops, bemoan the state of my bank account, do the shopping etc. What wasn't the same as usual was Grumpy didn't go out. Which mean it was very strange having him round the house on a Saturday night. Of course it's bad I'm in the house on a Saturday night but lets not get into that right now shall we :-)

Church was well, same old, same old to be honest. Which is a bad thing to say I suppose but it was just, well one of those days. I'm sure you know what I mean. Cordelia has now got a new calling in Young women's. We knew she was expecting a calling but she couldn't say what it was before hand. Mind you it wasn't a surprise as we did guess that she would probably end up in young women's. As it was the only place with a open calling. They did ask just after they had called cordelia if social was present but she wasn't, so in words of the DK from the Bishopric " Well I guess that's let that out of the bag".

Priesthood was interesting. The EQ President was shall we say "energetic" in voicing the fact that we needed to give him our home teaching figures. Someone did ask when the procedure changed as they weren't aware that we had to report to him now. He then insisted that we had been informed of the change. It was probably the closest we'll ever get to a telling off "ala teacher". When the quorums spilt there was a brief discussion between the people in our little area and no one seemed to be aware of this new procedure. so there seems to have been a break in the lines of communication somewhere doesn't there.

I spoke to the Elders Quorum president afterwards to give my HT figures to him. Which are per usual were zero. When I pointed out the current situation that my Home teaching companion was only available on a Wednesday and I wasn't, he agreed that it wasn't really working and he would see about getting me another new companion. Well I suppose he couldn't really argue as I'm not available on Wednesday due to institute.

It snowed on Sunday night. A lot! Which meant I didn't really get a good nights sleep as I was getting all worried about the prospect of having to drive in snow and ice due to what happened with my first car. Fortunately however all the snow and ice melted overnight so I gave myself a bad nights sleep worrying over nothing. Argghhhh!!!!!! Oh well.

Well I'm not looking forward to tomorrow. We've recently started a new training course here at work and the first session was about " Feedback". As our 'homework' we were assigned two people we had to ask to give feedback on 'us' or me. So I'm meeting with the first person tomorrow. Who is the 2nd highist person in the division. Argghhhh. I guess I'm just going to have to remember to keep smiling and take everything calmly.

I can do calm. Right?

later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey fellah

Hope your feedback session went well - great blog BTW.

Mike

Saxon said...

Hi Mike,

Welcome!

It did go okay. I now just have to give feedback on the feedback. I just hope they don't need feedback on the feedback about the feedback!